- Parks & Recreation
- Hiring Events
Fast-track your job search at a "one-and-done" hiring event hosted by Allen Parks and Recreation. We're interviewing for more than 70 seasonal and part-time positions, and are ready to extend job offers on the spot from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 11 at Allen Senior Recreation Center.
Spring/Summer Hiring Event
Saturday, March 11, 2023
8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Allen Senior Recreation Center
451 St Mary Drive, Allen, TX 75002 (View map)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Step #1 - Browse current job openings
Visit our online job portal to view part-time and seasonal Parks and Recreation job openings. Some positions are still being posted, but will eventually include:
- Lifeguards* ($14/hour) – These essential team members make summer possible by providing life-saving response for all swimmers. View job descriptions and apply.
- Swim Teaching Assistants* ($12/hour) and Water Safety Instructors* ($14.71-$18.02/hour) – Provide school-age swimmers the first steps to water safety in our expanded summer swim program. View job descriptions and apply.
- Camp STAR Counselors ($12/hour) – Spend your sunny summer days with elementary school campers! Counselors offer a safe and fun day camp experience as kids enjoy local field trips and activities. View job descripion and apply.
- Customer Service (Recreation Specialist I) ($14.71-$18.02/hour) – These critical members of our customer service team greet members before a workout, check in visitors for classes, and answer questions in person and over the phone. View job descriptions and apply.
- Fitness Specialists ($14.71-$18.02/hour) – Help design fitness programs, assist with proper equipment use and work with members to achieve their personal health goals. View job description and apply.
- Seasonal Maintenance Worker - Golf Course ($17.00-$19.87/hour) - Get the greens and facilities ready for golfers at The Courses at Watters Creek, Allen's 33-hole public golf course. View job description and apply.
- Golf Attendant ($11.53-$14.12/hour) - Greet golfers, distribute golf carts and practice balls and provide facility information as needed. View job description and apply.
*Positions marked by an asterisk (*) above are open to job seekers ages 16+. Other positions require employees to be ages 18+. Most jobs require no prior experience!
Step #2 - Apply online
Once you find a position that fits your interests and schedule, complete the short online application. All hiring event attendees must complete an application before interviewing.
You can speed up the hiring process by applying in advance, though computers will be available at Allen Senior Recreation Center during the March 11 hiring event.
HELPFUL TIP! Look for the green "APPLY" button within each job description.
Step #3 - Attend the hiring event on Saturday, March 11
Round up the items below, then stop by Allen Senior Recreation Center between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 11. Following a brief interview with Allen Parks and Recreation staff, qualified applicants may be asked to complete a background check and drug test on-site.
Applicants MUST bring:
- Drivers license or state photo ID
- Social Security card -OR- certified birth certificate -OR- passport
- A parent or guardian (for applicants ages 16-17 only) to authorize background check/drug screening
- Two email reference letters with legible contact information -OR- two reference letters emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to March 11 with the subject line of "Reference Letter for [Name of Candidate]"