Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste and brush are collected by Community Waste Disposal (CWD). Use the following guidelines when sorting these materials for collection. The City is not responsible for removing debris created by commercial contractors.
- Yard waste (bagged grass clippings, bagged leaves and small bundles of sticks/brush) is collected weekly on your assigned trash day. CWD will collect up to seven bundles and 15 bags.
- Large loose brush (tree limbs, branches and other large brush) is collected monthly on an assigned Wednesday. CWD will collect up to 3 cubic yards of large loose brush. Pickup must be scheduled by calling CWD at 972.392.9300 (option 2) by noon on the day before collection.
Yard Waste Collection (Weekly)
Yard waste is collected weekly on your assigned trash day. Collection includes up to seven bundles and 15 bags. Items must be placed at your trash collection point by 7 a.m. at least 2 feet away from trash and recycle carts.
What's accepted for yard waste collection?
Use these guidelines when sorting yard waste for collection.
|Accepted for pickup
|Sticks and brush trimmings in 4-foot-by-2-foot bundles with biodegradable cotton/jute rope, twine or string, weighing less than 40 pounds. Do not bundle tree and brush trimmings with nylon rope, plastic, metal, garden hoses or other non-compostable materials.
|Leaves, grass clippings and plant materials placed in biodegradable paper lawn bags. Plastic bags will not be collected.
|Natural Christmas trees cut in 4-foot sections
|Not accepted for pickup
|Dirt, gravel, concrete, rock, sod and other construction/landscaping materials
|Flocked or artificial Christmas trees
Large Loose Brush Collection (Monthly)
Loose brush is collected monthly on your designated Wednesday; pickup must be scheduled by calling CWD at 972.392.9300 (option 2) by noon on the day before collection. Collection includes up to 3 cubic yards of tree limbs, branches and other large loose brush. This is roughly the size of three washing machines placed side by side.
Brush collection schedule
|Regular trash day
|Brush collection day
More info on brush disposal
- Debris from contractors: If you've hired a commercial contractor to trim or remove trees, their service must include the removal of all debris from your property. The City is not responsible for removing debris created by commercial contractors.
- Do-it-yourself disposal: If you have larger amounts of loose brush or don't want to wait for your assigned collection day, consider these do-it-yourself disposal options
- Special collection: For an additional fee, CWD offers special collection for larger amounts of loose brush. Request a quote by calling 972.392.9300, option 2.
Trash and Recycling
Community Waste Disposal (CWD)
972.392.9300, Option 2
Allen Waste Services